About UK 8020
UK 8020, pronounced UK eighty twenty, is a Not for Profit Community Interest
Company (UK 8020 CIC) and international social enterprise.
Community Interest Companies have their own government regulator and are
registered at Companies House and are similar to charities. All profits are
channelled back into the organisation to enable its objectives to be achieved.
UK 8020 was founded by Robert Lee to tackle
Climate Change and
also to help end global Fuel Poverty
or energy poverty as it is known in some parts of the world.
The goals of the company are purely humanitarian and not politically
motivated. It believes that change is
made by empowering individuals and when ordinary people are given the correct
incentives they can make a difference. It aims to help the most vulnerable in
society by creating awareness and calling upon those more able to help.
UK 8020's Key Objectives Include
• To help ordinary people and the poorest in communities around the world to benefit the most
• To Help end fuel poverty (energy poverty) for the millions of (and rising) people
globally and especially in the poorest communities
• To engage communities to understand that tackling climate change with
incentives will save money
• To help people become more energy conscious and efficient
• To help
create a new green industry through the invention of a
renewable energy generator
(REG). Jobs will include production, installation and maintenance jobs
for millions of people globally.
• To help to prevent the needless
deaths of thousands of senior citizens every year
and to help identify communities most at risk
• To create an universal awareness in communities of fuel
/ energy poverty and those most
• To engage the public in a hands on humanitarian effort
• To empower communities to become passionate and involved in something that
effects their very own communities
• To re-build caring communities by engaging community leaders
• To empower the very youngest in communities to help the most vulnerable such
as their parents, elderly grandparents or friends
• To be a catalyst for creating inclusion not exclusion in communities. All creeds,
races, genders will be included and asked to take an active role